What is Shiki-kin ?
Deposit is paid to the owner in case of any damages or problems to be caused in the future.
The deposit is refundable but if there are any damages or overdue rent payment, it will be deducted from the deposit. Generally, the tenants are responsible for the house cleaning and restoration when leaving, therefore the deduction of the deposit is usually unavoidable.But if you use the room properly, you can have more refundment.
Tips of lessening the deduction of the deposit
- No smoking
- Regular cleaning
- Do not make holes with screw, nail, thumbtack
- Making no damages on wall and floor
- Regular cleaning especially the oil stains in the kitchen
It is the regulation for the tenants to be responsible for any damages caused in the room.
What is Rei-kin ?
Key money is paid to the owner while making the contract or when you sign it.
It is not refundable. In general the amount of key money is one to two months of the rent.
Other initial cost
Other fees that you have to pay when moving in include…
Generally the tenants must pay to join the fire insurance in case of earthquake and disasters.
The amount is about JPY 15,000 to 30,000. It is paid when signing the contract.
- Agent Fee Payment to the real estate agent for introducing the apartment.You have to pay one month rent to the agent when signing the contract.
- Advanced payment of the rent Generally, the rent is paid in advance, therefore you also have to pay it when signing the contract. If the move-in date is in the midway of the month, the payment for the remaining days of the month and also the following month will be paid in advance.
Key exchange fee
This has many patterns beacuse of your own determination and the decision made by house owner. This is to avoid troubles of the past tenants with duplicate key . Therefore, key exchange fee may be asked to pay accordingly.
Depending on the key type, it costs about JPY 10,000 to 20,000yen averagely.