If there are no limits to the rent fee, it may be much easier to find a room.
Finding with some demands, such like “a room near the station,” “newly built,” “facing south,” “in downtown,” “bigger room,” usually requires higher rent fee. The followings are the tips of finding a room that suits you best.
Your own priority
The following is the list of the basic conditions.
- Maximum Monthly Rent Fee 25% to 30% of the monthly income is advisable.
- Initial Payment Six months’ rent fee is necessary when signing the contract. If you cannot afford it, you had better find the apartment which costs lower deposit and key money.
- Commuting Area It is better to know how long it takes to commute to school or work when selecting the apartment. Since most of the offices are located in downtown, the rent fee in this area will be relatively higher.
- Railway Line The popular apartments are usually along Midousuzi and Cyuo- line which are relatively more expensive. But by selecting area which is along different railway line, may lead to find an affordable apartment whithout increasing commuting time. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Layout and Structure
- Room Layout It has various patterns depending on living by yourself or not. If you are living by yourself, one room type apartments, 1K, 1DK, and 1LDK are common. If there are two persons living together, 2K, 2DK, and 2LDK are advisable. Some property owners may insist that 1K room for only one person, but some owners may allow more than one person. We are going to negotiate it with the property owner for you.
- Structure of the Building The building are usually constructed by timber, steel, reinforced concrete, reinforced concrete and steel, etc. Generally, the buildings are classified into apartment, cooperative apartment house, and mansion. The rent fees are usually higher for the mansion structured type.
- Built Year The older buildings are usually cheaper than the newly built buildings.
- Security The most common security equipment will be automatically lockable door. In addition, there are other security services such as intercom, security camera, concierge, etc.
- Delivery Box This service takes care of keeping the parcels sent to you when you are away. This is convenient for those who are not home during the day time.
- Loft Having a loft, makes you have more space for storage.
- Cooking Stove (electric or gas) Cooking stove has two types: electric or gas. The electric stove becomes very popular nowadays because it can avoid the dangers of fire disasters.
- Bath Room Dryer System The bath room with drying and heating system. Therefore, laundries can be dried in the bath room.
- Floor Heating The floor with a heating system which keeps the room warm without using other heating system.
- Others Check other facilities such as system kitchen, internet, cable TV, etc.
- Located Check the location and find out if there are any convenient store or supermarket nearby or not.
- Living Above Ground Floor It is advisable to live above ground floor because of the security and how much sunshine the room gets. The rental fee of the higher floor is more expensive.
- Separated Bath and Toliet
- Indoor Space for Washing Machine
- Wooden Floor
- Corner Room